Practic laser dolly

NickolasG

Hello everybody, I’m owning laser set up dolly by practic, it’s less than a year old and recently I just noticed something. At the stands where the belt is connected, on the bottom must be 2 screws and nuts from the inside (I can’t find any picture) and here’s my case. I have no clue how it’s even possible to completely unscrew them and take out screws because as I know nuts have threadlocks on the end so even if they unscrew it for a bit it might come out loose, but not totally unscrewed. Also when I noticed it I took everything apart and thought maybe I can at least get the bust out, but they weren’t in. Now I’m stuck like this (see pictures) and thinking about what shall I do, I have an idea to find some stainless rivets that fit right in and apply them, or find replacement bolts but I have no idea how to tighten them up.
41C94B77-8B1E-4ED6-8F67-A89E7F06C540.jpeg
0154A7B4-286C-493E-9E64-CC5986C41EA9.jpeg

I don't completely get what you're trying to do. Why would you want to take those pieces apart? Or did the screws loosen by themselves?

I have a WinDesign trolley with a very similar construction; it has a rivet at that location. I'd use ones made of aluminium there though, as the loads aren't that great, and I know your home waters are quite salty :)

_

I don't completely get what you're trying to do. Why would you want to take those pieces apart? Or did the screws loosen by themselves?

I have a WinDesign trolley with a very similar construction; it has a rivet at that location. I'd use ones made of aluminium there though, as the loads aren't that great, and I know your home waters are quite salty :)

_
Theoretically I should have screws in these 2 holes, but they’re missing. Of course I don’t want to take them apart, but I also don’t want them just to break. So, I guess the right solution is to find couple of aluminum rivets?

Or some bolts, if you don't have a rivet gun and don't want to buy one just to do this. If you use bolts, get round or oval heads and place those heads toward the webbing, boat, etc., no bolt ends and nuts to tear anything up. BTW, if you'd rather use rivets, any good machine shop or auto garage will have a rivet gun, and they won't charge much for installing a couple of rivets. I had a guy at Pacheco's Auto Body Shop in Coronado replace some rivets on my spars one time, and all I did (pay-wise) was buy him some beer afterward, lol. It's not rocket science. Cheers!!! :rolleyes:

Back