Trailer for Two

Sailkb

Here's my addition to others who have posted their trailer modification to carry two Sunfish. I have the type trailer with the V shape 2X8s that go perpendicular to the frame. I simply bolted angle iron to the ends of the 2X8s. I have braced the set up with rope. I do not plan to trailer two fish regularly, but if I were, I would probably brace with something more permanent. However, I trailered over 30 miles each way this weekend without any problems. Perfectly sturdy.
IMG_0119.jpg

Reactions: tag
very nice! that's more or less the same way I've been planning to do mine... just haven't gotten around to it.

Seems like most of the weight is forward of the axle. What is the tongue weight with both boats?
Yes, quite heavy. Weighed in at 111 pounds. However, my small car handled it fine at 65 mph highway. I put the top boat the opposite direction due to the splash guard. It would be a little lighter at the tongue if I kept be bow forward, but I was unable to do that. The splash guard lands directly on top of the cross frame, so had to reverse the boat.

Back