Serial Number Question?

squash

I thought the last two digits of the serial number was the year of manufacture, but there is a boat for sale with #78033. Can anyone help me find out the model year of this boat?

Thank you.
2011-07-04_13-48-48_789.jpg

The above info page is very interesting. It leaves me with two questions so far.
1) How difficult is it to install a hiking strap on a pre-1990 boat?
2) 1996 - Main sheet swivel block replaces "the hook". What is "the hook", and how hard is it to add a swivel block on a pre-1996 boat?

The hook was a metal hook installed on the vertical edge of the cockpit just aft of the daggerboard trunk. It was used to turn the mainsheet so it was easier to hold. It is much better to install a block and eye strap to the deck and use that. Better yet is a ratchet block like a Harken 019. You can use an appropriate size eye strap. Be sure to mount it on the deck aft of the daggerboard trunk but within the overlap of the deck and cockpit wall. That way you are not penetrating the inside of the hull. The further aft of the daggerboard trunk the better as then you will not interfere with the daggerboard.

Craig

The above info page is very interesting. It leaves me with two questions so far.
1) How difficult is it to install a hiking strap on a pre-1990 boat?
2) 1996 - Main sheet swivel block replaces "the hook". What is "the hook", and how hard is it to add a swivel block on a pre-1996 boat?

a hiking strap is pretty easy to install. search the sunfish knowledge base and FAQ on this site.

there was a very recent thread about the old hook and mainsheet blocks. I posted a couple pictures a few comments down showing both. I use the Harken 2135 carbo ratchet block (the update to the Harken 019, or so I was told).
http://sailingforums.com/threads/wh...lseye-with-a-cam-cleat-a-ratchet-block.22491/

cheers,
thad

Back