Minifish

You might be right, I picked the minifish up in Connecticut just north of where they were made. All indications state last one made 1983 on sites I have investigated.

IMG_9123 (4).jpg

Maybe a sail, the one that came with this boat was sitting in a basement for many years, wood seems ok. Cant wait to test it out

I think Kevane Sails still makes a nice aftermarket sail for the Minifish but no sail logo.
Good "class legal" Minifish sails with the double fish logo are hard to find in good shape.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

But then again, the Sunfish history timeline indicates that 1983 (approx) was when the Minifish was dropped from production. Sunfish History | SailingForums.com (open the .pdf file at the link at the bottom of the page) You might have one of the last ones made?
Maybe take a pencil tracing of that HIN to verify the "85" is not an "83", so Sunfish History can be up-t0-date?

Why is the HIN not glossy like the rest of the paint? :(

It looks glued on. Was the factory using DYMO tape? :confused:

'Checked—and DYMO has a tape that's 12mm wide. :oops:

Pondering—it's my job. :rolleyes:

Why is the HIN not glossy like the rest of the paint?
Hi, let me put one of my guys in the time machine to let you know what was going on at the factory that day resulting in a gloss not to your liking.

BTW, Minifish, like Sunfish, are not painted from the factory. They have a gel coat outer surface. Given this boat looks pretty pristine for 32 years old , I don't think anyone has painted it.

Hi, let me put one of my guys in the time machine to let you know what was going on at the factory that day resulting in a gloss not to your liking.

BTW, Minifish, like Sunfish, are not painted from the factory. They have a gel coat outer surface. Given this boat looks pretty pristine for 32 years old , I don't think anyone has painted it

Thank you for the reply

Would you or anyone know where to purchase a new minifish sail with the logo?
Or any ideas if I purchased one without the best way to silk screen or some other method to apply a logo ?
Thank you
John

Last edited by a moderator:

Back