Want to buy a practice racing sail; which one is better?

jaas75

hi guys I'm in the market for a racing sail and intensity option is very tempting, I want the 3 color one (red ,white and blue) but I'm kinda worry of this one not having the same cut,diameter or cloth quality!! The plain white one every review I read is very good and usually compared with original the sailcloth is better.

Any thoughts ?? Should I just get the white one and save some weird problem later or the quality and cut is the same ??

One last question I have is what would be the best upgrade to my old sunfish a new sail or a Racing daggerboard? (Can only get $

Thxs in advance
Jose

I don't think that there are 'data' that relate to your question; the colored Intensity sail is rather new and many racers will buy the legal race sail so that they can participate in regional and national championships.

The old argument for the white sail was that different color panels will shrink differently, which would negatively effect sail shape. I don't know if this was a myth or not.

Thxs wave that was the reason of my question, because I remember hearing the same about different panels shrink different.
What about my second question? What would be a better "performance"upgrade a new racing daggerboard or a new sail??

Thxs in advance
Jose

The race daggerboard will give you much better windward performance. I sent you an email about daggerboards. I also have wood daggerboards shaped like the frp race daggerboard that might be a cheaper alternative, just not legal for class sanctioned races.

The race daggerboard will give you much better windward performance. I sent you an email about daggerboards. I also have wood daggerboards shaped like the frp race daggerboard that might be a cheaper alternative, just not legal for class sanctioned races.

I would like an email about the dagger boards also?

Back