Views on the Black Diamond tiller

If you search the threads here on "ACME Black Diamond" you'll find lots of praise for it.

If there is a de-facto high tech standard for tillers (and extensions) in North America, it's the ACME stuff.

like 49208 said, it's the standard tiller in NA, I have one and I like. My metal wear plate came off, but I just taped it back, and replace the tape maybe once a year, not a big deal. I love it, nothing to complain about, but I am heavily exploring buying a Rooster soon.

personally i have seen the rooster tillers and noticed them to be higher up of the deck. i also saw that they do have a roller for the travler but i personally doubt it will function as intended and may actually make it more fragile. these are just things i noticed about it.

I like the fact that it is so much lower to the deck than the stock tiller. As in regards to the feel... I didnt notice a huge difference in the feel with and without it. However, I did notice a big difference with the acme tiller extentions. I love the fatso. I got both of them at the same time but if I had to buy one at a time, I would definately suggest the extention first.

personally i have seen the rooster tillers and noticed them to be higher up of the deck. i also saw that they do have a roller for the travler but i personally doubt it will function as intended and may actually make it more fragile. these are just things i noticed about it.

Rooster produce them with or without the roller. Most people go for the non roller version as if you are sailing anywhere with sand etc the roller won't last long - no matter what make of tiller it is.

Back