UK Laser Nationals, Paignton

lasereng

Hi,

Is anyone here going for the nationals at the end of July? Just wondering if anybody can recommend a place for accomodation as there seems to be limited options?!?

Lasernut and me will be there. We've got a B&B on the seafront this year so we can rig before breakfast as its never served early enough.

There are a few campsites around and we've stayed in a caravan at http://www.hoburne.com/torbay_facilities.asp before which is nice and close to Paignton. Lots of accommodation around if you look.

Hopefully be good breeze this year, I've yet to sail in much wind at Paignton, its always been light winds whenever I've gone there so far.

Not going to Paignton but I did a Fireball nationals there a few years back. It was HOT and virtually windless all week. The fleet rebelled one day and refused to launch so we all went body boarding instead. There was wind overnight leaving a nasty surf to get through and no wind to do it in!

Aside from that the club was excellent and put on some good socials through the week.

Accommodation is either B&Bs (although they are probably all full by now) or there are plenty of caravan parks around the town, we stayed at one that was around a mile and half away but then parking was a problem although there are limited spaces in the side streets behind the club.

hey!

Thanks, the b&b prices are all naturally a bit top end at that time of year but I may go for it if i'm feeling a bit crazy. Otherwise tent o' clock i think! Damn light winds, nobody likes that, unless its the last race on day 5...

Back