What's new

Special Edition Lasers

Horizon

Attachments

The Graffiti! So happy to have seen a photo. Thank you for that. It still blows my mind I saw one all those years ago still in a box that it came brand new in. Wonder where it is now.

Thanks for all those photos, a few models I had not seen before!

thelmo

Nice thread!!

Does anyone have pictures with the hull decals or other details of the savannah edition?

I have one (I think!?) number 158149 and the ancients said she´s a savannah edition.

Some decals are gone and I intend to make new ones, recovering the original savannah visual. And the only that I´ve found, so far, is that inside the cockpit in the begening of this post.
Congrats for this post!

I used the image & proportions of a laser savannah and made some "similar" decals.

Some may said It´s not perfetc... missing some shades, and the a vinil is not in the exact color...

But I´m pretty happy with my "new laser"...

...and she´s even faster!

Attachments

ryanj24

Artist Marian Bantjes and LP did a special edition in 2010

They made 12. I wonder who has them and where they are...

Attachments

Horizon

They made 12. I wonder who has them and where they are...
Personally, I would be surprised if they sold many of them at all.

At £10,000, ten years ago, that is a huge premium on a full race spec Laser now, let alone then. I would imagine, if you wanted one like that, you could have got a vinyl wrap done much more cheaply than that!

And it is unlikely that either hull or sail would be class legal, so I don'tthink that a racer would have bought one. However, there is no accounting for taste and people's wallets, so it is possible that they sold them all.

The article here has a little more detail

Laser Sailboat - Marian Bantjes

Here are some more photos of the wrapping process. In the background, you can see another wrapped hull, so it looks as though at least 2 were made if not the full 12.

Attachments