so...new season...new list of stuff to buy...pfds

joe c

banned
Did the last 2 seasons with the westmarine 60 buck pfds. They work fine. A little on the stiff side. Im not sure what starts to smell bad but i think its them getting wet again. So along with the list of other normal random stuff, I want new ones. Obviously the zhik is on the top of the list. I can run to annapolis and pick them up. But anyone have anything they like or that i should consider? Is the difference between the eu spec and the us spec anything i should consider. (original) p2 vs p3? We're mostly doing recreational stuff with a tiny bit of racing so saving the 1/2 oz isnt something im worrying about. Are those side pockets vs the envelope style one better or worse? Do you even use them? Are they both good with a harness? Guessing they are designed for use with the zhik harness, which i use.

thks peeps.
j

2 years ago, I switched to a lighter paddling style jacket - previously had used more of the jet-ski style of life jackets.
This is the new one I am using now (I think others recommended it on this forum):

Onyx MoveVent Dynamic Paddle Sports CGA Life Vest​

2 years ago, I switched to a lighter paddling style jacket - previously had used more of the jet-ski style of life jackets.
This is the new one I am using now (I think others recommended it on this forum):

Onyx MoveVent Dynamic Paddle Sports CGA Life Vest​

How are those with climbing back.over the gunwhale? All that plastic looks like it would hang up as youre trying to slide/roll back in. I did search a little through the forums. I'd also be using it on the trapeze on the laser. So the harness is something im.thinking about. Thanks. I put one in my cart!

I haven't tipped over in quite a while... so haven't tested it out for a slide/roll back in the boat in deep water situation. I usually just hop up and in from shallow water. but your concern could be a valid point...

i went with the spinlock wing. no clips or anything on the front. they seem a little tight but should also work with my harness.

j

Back