Six10

The cockpit floor does not make contact with the hull, so epoxy resin in this location won't do anything. Noting that it's a potential grey area for "repairs and maintenance" and I have no idea how Jean-Luc and the Technical committee might consider such a repair, I'd probably recommend using self foaming resin that will expand in the void between the cockpit floor and hull.

The cockpit floor does not make contact with the hull, so epoxy resin in this location won't do anything. Noting that it's a potential grey area for "repairs and maintenance" and I have no idea how Jean-Luc and the Technical committee might consider such a repair, I'd probably recommend using self foaming resin that will expand in the void between the cockpit floor and hull.

Although I agree with the method above, you should be careful with self foaming resin. It is able to put an enormous pressure on the cockpit floor and the hull. There is a chance of getting damage when you use to much foam.

I recall reading a post sometime ago regarding the self rising foam. Do you have any recomendation for a paticular product?

Back