Sailfish (clone?) sail replacement

Nbergmann1

Hi, I have a sailfish probably a super sailfish the sail is pretty old I would like to replace it but wanted to know if you could use a sunfish sail as a replacement

How long is your boat and is it wood or fiberglass? if it is 11' 7" then it needs the smaller 65 sf Standard Sailfish or Minifish size sail. If it is 13' 7" wood or fiberglass model she can use the 75 sf Sunfish rig. Photos please :)

For that size boat, as Signal Charlie mentioned, you'd be better off with the Minifish sail. You can check the "for sale" section to see if anyone has one available, or Neil Pryde sells them brand new for $120 + $17 shipping.

Thank you, the other thing I was wondering was, the mast and booms are wood and I was thinking of replacing them as well does anyone know where I could find a mini fish setup

54928A8F-C63D-4E36-9686-0BF7174023DD.jpeg

This is my wooden rig for my sailfish, Sail dimensions are luff= 10’9 leech= 11’4 foot= 9’3 which is too small for a minifish sail. for a mini fish sail I would need new longer spars to fit that sail. I’m wondering if I should make new wooden spars and just keep the mast to accommodate the minifish sail ?

Ah, that helps. Your boat isn’t an Alcort Sailfish. I’m not sure what it is, but maybe someone here can help ID it.
:oops: Don't feel bad.

I was told by the seller that my first Sunfish was a "training Sunfish".

(As indicated by the Sunfish on the sail). :rolleyes:

"OK", I said, "Here's your $125 asking price". My BIL and I could hardly lift it, and it turned out to be a Porpoise. :eek:

(Nothing against Porpoise). ;)

Back