Replica XD kits

Looks like the same parts, only the supplier is selling them directly instead of going through LP. Technically not class legal parts.

same parts, holt blocks, hard to tell if they're stamped in the picture, you should email the retailer if you're concerned

This is the kind of thing that is out of order as these are not consumable items. It will put your boat out of class and will make you liable to be protested.

In all honesty though the class only has itself to blame, but we won't go there today will we....

I know a lot of clubs allow 'replica' or 'training' sails for club racing in the UK but were anyone to appear at my local club using parts such as these they would be told that they needed to change the boat as our 'exception' only applies to the use of sails.

My club is very relaxed and wouldn't care what you put on your boat. I was just wondering would it be good enough to get the job done as my laser has to older outhaul and Cunningham rigging.

This is the kind of thing that is out of order as these are not consumable items. It will put your boat out of class and will make you liable to be protested.

In all honesty though the class only has itself to blame, but we won't go there today will we....

I know a lot of clubs allow 'replica' or 'training' sails for club racing in the UK but were anyone to appear at my local club using parts such as these they would be told that they needed to change the boat as our 'exception' only applies to the use of sails.

The sail is the only piece of equipment that will make the boat go faster. Interesting that your club will allow those(assuming that the North/Hyde sails are faster) to be used. However there would be hell to pay if you used a generic block.

As long as you don't go around winning every race in your 1985 Laser with the original sail which now resembles a hooker's bed sheet, no one should care if you have a block or two or three that aren't original equipment.

The sail is the only piece of equipment that will make the boat go faster. Interesting that your club will allow those(assuming that the North/Hyde sails are faster) to be used. However there would be hell to pay if you used a generic block.

As long as you don't go around winning every race in your 1985 Laser with the original sail which now resembles a hooker's bed sheet, no one should care if you have a block or two or three that aren't original equipment.
Until you sell the boat and the new owner takes it to a regatta to be told by the measurer that there boat has a heap of illegal fittings that need to be replaced before they can go on the water. Then you're going to have one hell of an upset new owner.

Racing in my club is only for fun. there isn't a big fleet and I will mostly be racing against people under the age of 15 and I would have serious doubts of someone giving out about it. I just want to be able to adjust my sail when sailing

Hi,
I bought this kit and the Kicker to go with it, They are stamped "Laser" and do the job,
I only sail at my local club and do not do National Events, so i am not interested if my boat is class legal or not, neither does my club,
These parts where a huge improvement on the original 1989 parts I replaced and it keeps a boat on the water at a fraction of the cost of Legal parts.
My next purchase will be a new replica sail.
I think it is more important to get out on the water than spending a fortune on overpriced legal parts that will add no benefit to my sailing.
Cheers
Stephen.

Hi Stephen,
Is the kicker any good as i was thinking off purchasing it before summer. Did you replace the upper mast or did you use the original one as i am afraid of snapping a mast 1 mile off land and have to try get back in.

Hi Greg,

The Kicker also is stamped "Laser" and made a huge difference. I have used the orginal mast and boom with no issues,

I would say these were ideal for the type of sailing that you and I seam to do.

Stephen

Back