Rebuild information for a Depersia bailer in an older Sunfish

M25max

I want to rebuild the Depersia bailer in my Sunfish. I saw a post where it was stated that the seals needed were a Danco #13 35730B and a Danco #95 35875B. Is that right? What size ball should I use? I have seen some post saying 7/8” and another post stating 5/8# So i am confused. I am not close to my boat so I can’t measure the hole in the bailer to make a guess. I found a thread that mentioned the part number for the ball (79332) but that is not much help given the lack of a source for original spare parts.

In the video linked below there is a flat seal that is shown and an o-ring for sealing to the hull. Is that o-ring one of the ones mentioned above or is it another part number?

So I got a better picture of the seals. There are four different seals. In my previous post based on research I was only able to identify 2 of the seals. Has anyone had luck with the other two seals? I also am still stuck on the proper ball size to purchase. Help would be appreciated. I don’t want to swap in a plastic bailer in a nice condition vintage boat.

1719390055559.jpeg

Thanks. In another thread someone showed that kit does not work with the Depersia bailer, but is for the plastic bailer since 1972. Do you have experience using this for a Depersia bailer successfully?

Back