Quick URGENT Trailer Quertion!

Trueke

I have read in a couple of threads that you can use a jet ski trailer to haul your Sunfish. At the present time I have no trailer and have a guy that is waiting for my reply for a 8 ft. (that is what he said) jetski trailer in good condition and at a REALLY good price. Can anyone confirm or deny the allegations of such practices? Can I use this trailer safely on my Sunfish? I have just until tomorrow to make up my mind so any help will be immensely appreciated.:)

Can anyone confirm or deny the allegations of such practices? Can I use this trailer safely on my Sunfish?

Sure...

Did he say the brand and maybe a model so you can look up the manufacturer?

You will have to make some of your own mods to fit the sunfish, but people have even put 2 Sunfish on one, side by side.

From the KB (knowledge base) at the top of this page...

jetskidouble.jpg

Yikes Two!!!:eek:
This person is not much of a talker (actually writer) and only replied they are in good condition and 8ft long...whatever that means. Here are pics of the trailer. They are bad and you can kind of see the name of the brnd but so far my searches have come up empty.
%21BqVZy%29gB2k%7E$%28KGrHqIH-EYEu%28nVMSW%28BLvSlk8hBg%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21BqVZu1gB2k%7E$%28KGrHqYH-E%21EuZZsGuutBLvSlUw--Q%7E%7E_12.JPG

They are bad and you can kind of see the name ...

:eek: let my eyes get adjusted back to normal

Something Rider ... Li'l Rider, perhaps

'fraid I don't know jetski trailers too well.

Looks to be galvinized and those wide bunks can work well for a Sunfish. The larger size wheels are nice too.

You'll need to change some of the setup, but it seems do-able.

Yep I think that's it, Li'l' Rider. Thanks a bunch for ALL your help. Will go see it tomorrow (if he replies again) and for sure will let you know what comes about it. Again thanks!

:mad::mad::mad:Unhappy ending. The person did not realized he had posted the trailer as a classified add on ebay, and not as an auction and took the add off. He put in a starting bid price of $54:eek:, which made it look like he was selling it for that price. Well, I'll keep looking. Any CHEAP suggestion other than to stay glued to ebay and craigslist?

:mad::mad::mad:Unhappy ending. The person did not realized he had posted the trailer as a classified add on ebay, and not as an auction and took the add off. He put in a starting bid price of $54:eek:, which made it look like he was selling it for that price. Well, I'll keep looking. Any CHEAP suggestion other than to stay glued to ebay and craigslist?

:eek: $54

I'd have bought it for that even if it wouldn't work. Resold it for $200 and gotten one that fit.

Keep on look'n

truckin.gif

...as us old-timers used to say.​

SOLVED!!! Thanks for all the advice. Just got back from my two hour trip to Maryland (both ways) to pick up a slightly used foldable Harbor Freight Trailer found on ebay. Now all I need is to finish painting, order the bailer (any suggestions on where I can find the best price), and building a cradle for the SF-trailer. :)

Here is a link to my favorite design for making a cradle. You may need to buy another sunfish to balance it out.:) It is located about half way down this page. I like it because you can store the boats that way over the winter and then fold your trailer up somewhere else.

http://www.teamfoxy.com/SunfishCover.htm

As for the bailer, post a wanted post on this forum, or look on feebay. Also, it is always a good idea to support your local boat shop if you have one, or one of our forum's sponsers.

Good Luck,

Brain Correl

Back