Quick Release Lever

noand

I'm trying to install a quick release lever on the gooseneck. The problem I'm having is that the screw on the QRL has to screw in to the gooseneck and that kind of limits the travel of it. And it doesn't seem to go in all the way. Do I screw it in all the way until it's past the threads?
I guess my question is, how do I install it?
Thanks for any help.

The bolt from the QRL should not have to screw into the gooseneck. You may need to drill the hole slightly larger in the gooseneck.

have you ever used a similar lever on a bike tire? It works in the same fashion. You should be able to twist both ends if necessary. I would try twisting it until it starts to feel snug, and when you close the lever it will clamp it down tighter. If it moves on you thighten it a little more. You can use a marker to reference the gooseneck location on the boom.

Don't tighten it too much, as you can damage the aluminum spar that way.

Oh, okay, cool. I figured, but I didn't want to do the wrong thing and have to buy a new gooseneck. Thanks.

I just installed a quick release and I had to drill out the threads in the hole in the gooseneck. Won't be putting the old original bolt back in but no big deal.

Back