New Laser

Knot Guilty

Hi,
I've got a new laser hull and sail now and I've got a few questions:

1) Trailer - anyone got ideas for a double stacking trolly for 2 lasers preferably with box
2) Waterbottle - where to attach
3) Where to put velcro to protect deck
3) What equipment to get to protect foils

Add. Info:
Previous boat was RS Terra Pro - for sail now, email me for info
I've got a undercover, and a foil bag both from rooster

You want to stack the dollies or the lasers and dollies?

You can get a bottleport (I have a used one, doesn't fit my new inspection port), tie it to the mast or back of the hiking strap

you can put velcro at the front of the daggerboard trunk to help keep the daggerboard down

get an equipment bag to protect the foils, you can also get edge protectors if you're worried

Water bottle

Attachments

• water bottle 3.jpg
    water bottle 3.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 55
There are lots of options for double stack trailers in the UK. Ebay usually has a few on (got my last one from there) or laser.org.uk as often UKLA members selling them. Brand new you are looking at £600+ but second hand ones are usually around £300-400 depending on condition.
You don't get very many with boxes though. I'd say its more important to get a fairly low profile one so its not too high to lift the top boat on and keeps the overall height close to that of the car so fuel efficiency isn't hit so much.

For a bottle, I just have a bit of elastic tied to the metal eyelets at the back of the cockpit. Others attach a cycle bottle holder to the mast.

Not sure what you mean about velcro to protect the deck

If you have a foil bag from rooster that will protect your foils. Don't leave them in hot cars/boats as they will warp.

Back