Measurements?

acs026

What is the width of a sunfish at the widest point? I would just go out to my garage and measure it myself but I am in San Francisco and live in Chicago so not so much of an option :) But I am doing some research on trailers. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

Yeah my original thought was to by a double and have them side by side. But I have now consider just getting a single space and putting the other one over that one and keeping my trailex trailer I have right now. This way I can take the trailex apart when not needing it and save on some garage space. and be able to find another boat to work on when I am done with the one I am fixing now :)

This is the double-trailer setup that I have used. I just quickly made a jig out of 2x4 and 2x6 material, and used some pipe insulation as padding where it contact the deck of the 2 boats (Sunfish below, Super Porpoise on top). I will probably modify it for future use, but it worked really well for transporting both of them. The single trailer then is really easy to use with just one of the boats.

The previous owner had made a nice jig out of wood - shaped like a "Y" sort-of, that slides into the daggerboard trunk, and holds the sails/spars. He also had another bracket mounted at the front, but I made my own quickly to raise the height to work with the double-stacked Fish. They are interchangeable, though, so I can switch back to his bracket when I transport just the 1 Fish.

tag

Attachments

• doublefishtrailer-small.JPG
    doublefishtrailer-small.JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 68
Thats not too bad. I am not quite as much of a do it yourselfer when it comes to a trailer :) I dont mind doing the boat the trailer not so much. With the spalsh guard does anyone know the height of a sunfish? I am working on sending some measurements to get a trailer done. I have the beam and length at this point. Just need to know the height to know how high the other one needs to be above.

Thanks

This is the double-trailer setup that I have used. I just quickly made a jig out of 2x4 and 2x6 material, and used some pipe insulation as padding where it contact the deck of the 2 boats (Sunfish below, Super Porpoise on top). I will probably modify it for future use, but it worked really well for transporting both of them. The single trailer then is really easy to use with just one of the boats.

The previous owner had made a nice jig out of wood - shaped like a "Y" sort-of, that slides into the daggerboard trunk, and holds the sails/spars. He also had another bracket mounted at the front, but I made my own quickly to raise the height to work with the double-stacked Fish. They are interchangeable, though, so I can switch back to his bracket when I transport just the 1 Fish.

tag

That, dear sir, is awesome.

That, dear sir, is awesome.

Really? Compared to what you've done for your minifish?
I would hardly call screwing (4) 2x boards together and throwing on some pipe insulation comparable... but it does get the job done.

Thanks. It did make my day.

tag

Really? Compared to what you've done for your minifish?
I would hardly call screwing (4) 2x boards together and throwing on some pipe insulation comparable... but it does get the job done.

Thanks. It did make my day.

tag

Pft.

Thanks though. :D

That's just a nice rig to transport the fishes. Thumbs up!

Back