Masters nationals

It is way past my bedtime so this will be short. 5 races. First two in light air once around WLs. Then it got windier and choppy. Maybe hit 12. I have not sen the results but Bill Brangiforte is definitely leading. Daug kaukeinen probably second mark may in 3 rd and perhaps John skrypiec 4th. That is my best guess.

A lot of pressure here to finish n the top 5 as the regatta sponsor, New England Joint Replacement Surgery Center, is giving each of the top 5 their choice of 50 percnt off either a knee or hip replacement! I gottacrack that top 5!

TUM

As far as I can tell, results are not posted, so here is an update. It rained hard - I have not seen that much rain since the unexpected wet weather at the 1937 Rose Bowl. The wind today ranged from light - had to keep the boat heeled, to windy enough to hike moderately all the way around. Three races today to add to the five from Saturday. Winner was Bill Brangiforte, second was Doug Kaukeinen, third went to Chris Williams, 4th to Mark May, and I think 5th went to a true Master, Bill McInnis, who I believe they said was in his 70s. My hearing aid got wet and short circuited, so I could not hear everyone's name.

Thanks to Barrington YC for a great event!!!!!!!

TUM

Wind charts from the Masters

I have found the interwebs has some incredible information posted. The interwebs even has a site showing wind velocities for sailors. If you look here http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=196&siteID=1307&Isection=Last+7+Days you can check out the breeze at Bristol, just south of Barrington, to see what wind we sailed at in the masters over the weekend. First two races Saturday started at around 11, and the afternoon races started around 2 or 2:30. Sunday's first race was at 10, and we were done with the last race around 1.

My heartfelt thanks to Al Gore for inventing the interwebs. I always thought if Eisenhower had invented the interwebs he would be viewed as the greatest President ever, but he didn't.

TUM

I am enjoying the Unknown Master and based on his chiming in on the NAs and Masters threads, I'm certain I know him. I suspect I know who he is, but I'm not certain. Whoever he is, he's a riot! Take the bag off your head UM.

Results are up on the New England Site. Bill is aflame!

http://www.sunfishclass.org/newengland/blog/

when I clicked on this link - it shows that the site has been reported as a "reported attack page".

it showed me this picture, attached (just a snapshot of it).

any clue why that would be? (I've been to the new england blog before, and don't think I've changed any of my browser security settings...)

cheers,
tag

Attachments

• newenglandblogwarning.jpg
    newenglandblogwarning.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 23
Yes, I can confirm tag's observation. A few days ago all was just dandy.

I hope that Eric W can educate us on what happened with the site.

Back