Mark V or VI ?

kevyj

Hi everyone...great site here! ..Hoping if someone can kindly tell me if my radial is a mk v or mk vi.It has blue corners-no extra white patches on corners and has '5.7' written on the window. Seems to have rather tight leech and suffer from foot flap occassionally. Also , the distance from tack grommet to boom is more than full laser sail...seems harder to pull on cunnham as well....is this all par for the course?.....thanks

At least in the US, I don't think they started making the corners blue until the Mk 6. I would guess that's what you have. From what I remember reading, the Mk 5 is better for mid-weight sailor and the Mk 6 is better for light-weight sailors.

thanks for your replies:) ...there is a fair bit on it here alright better look next time eh?...still the '5.7' printed on the sail window has got me a bit puzzled. I'll be able to compare with some others this weekend ..cheers

thanks for your replies:) ...there is a fair bit on it here alright better look next time eh?...still the '5.7' printed on the sail window has got me a bit puzzled. I'll be able to compare with some others this weekend ..cheers

The Radial is 62 ft^2, which translates to 5.7 m^2 if I did my math correct. I've never seen the rig marketed as the "Laser 5.7" though.

Your sail is probably a mark 4 or earlier. Old radial sails used to have this on the window. I've never seen a Mk5 or 6 with this on the sail.

Back