How _exactly_ do you rig your JC strap?

hospadar

tiny boat fiend
For those of you using a JC strap bungee set up - how exactly do you have it set up? I don't really understand from any of the descriptions I've read how exactly the bungee is fastened/rigged near the tack of the sail. Can anyone provide clear photos of how the bungee goes through/is connected in the tack/eye-bolt area with everything set up and the sail raised? I've been scouring the internet and these forums and can't really seem to find anything with actual detail (i.e. more than just "run through the tack" or "attached at the tack".

It seems like you could run the bungee forward of the interlocking eye bolts and it would stay there, but does anyone attach it to the actual tack of the sail (I.e. the grommet with the s-hook in it)? Does it get tied on up there somewhere (i.e. a continuous loop from daggerboard->tack) or is it just running freely in the small space forward of the eyebolts?

I got out in some good wind finally and was RIPPING along at almost 10kts according to the GPS - looking forward to sailing my new baby some more! Hopefully will get in a sail or two on a Great lake sometime this summer.

It’s a continuous loop and just is kept in place in front of the interlocking eyebolts by the bungee tension.

Not sure if it is the best way, but… I loop mine though the hole in my daggerboard, around the mast, loop it around eyebolts at the tack of the sail, and then back around the other side of the mast. if I need extra tension, I loop the bungee around the head of the daggerboard.
21EFFE8F-222E-4C53-ACA6-94CDC7C07EF6.jpeg

Back