Hello

Ov Bob

New guy here, also new to sailing. Just bought my first sunfish, got her all cleaned up, and spent the last two weekend figuring this little boat out. What a blast! I have spent all my life on the water, and boating but never sailed. Sure been missing some great fun! I would like to thank you all for all the great posts, as this forum has helped me turn a 76 hulk into what I have been told is a excellent cond. sunfish.

Thank for the warm welcome! Yep sold my money pit cabin cruiser last summer and was boat-less for the first time in my life. I live on the beach, at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay, and been sitting here on the sand thinking about my next boat and watching all the tall ships come in for OPsail 2012. Next thing you know, the wife comes home from shopping and tells me about this cute little sailboat for sale in a driveway. long story short, picked up a "barn find" sunfish complete on a trailer for $200. sail full of mouse holes. compounded the hull, neighbor gave me his old sail replaced a few lines, added a couple of ports to look inside and boom I'm sailing! Everyone on my beach wants to buy it now! Kids love it too.

WOW... a Stink Potter turned Rag Sailor ?

Great first post.

I am a Stink Potter turned Rag Sailor too. When it costs $200 to gas up a stink pot that only gets 1.5 mpg you start looking for other options to get out on the water like Sunfish, kayaks, canoes, etc.

Reactions: A2
Welcome to the forum Bob. I'm a newb also and have yet to get my boat on the water. Mine had a crack in the bottom so I am in the process of repairing that. Added a couple of deck hatches to check the inside and have some secure storage. Nice and dry inside, thank goodness! Ordered a few pieces and parts and think I will be able to hit the lake this weekend. Can't wait. Congratulations on your find.

Back