Free Sail--Brand New Neil Pryde sail

NightSailor

Captain
Neil Pryde's loft in Stratford, CT is generously donating:

A brand new Sunfish sail

To be used as a door prize at the Calf Pasture Beach Sunfish Gathering on August 14th and 15th.

One entry per person, you must be present to win. You must be age 12 or older to qualify. $5 event fee per person.

Drawing to be held on August 15th at 4PM after the SUNFISH PARADE. We want every boat in the water for this event for a group photo.

Other door prizes will be given away at that time such as Quick Release Gooseneck Adapters, Sail Rings, Racing Clam Cleats, and more!

Note: There is no Sunfish Logo on this sail, however it will fit any Sunfish rig.

Now that's what I like to see, some real incentive. I don't know if the wife will let me come up there a week early (Masters is the following weekend). She adds to my worklist faster than I can clear it - I think at about a 2 to 1 ratio.

Rick, you should come up for this one. It will be fun. There will be island sails Saturday morning and afternoon, an island cleanup with a prize on Sunday morning, and a Sunfish Parade Sunday at 2PM. We are hoping to get a really big turnout for the Parade, and it will be a photo shoot for Windcheck Magazine--hopefully a cover shot, if the weather cooperates. The more colorful sails out there the better for our coverage.

I really think we, as a class, need to make more of a statement about our boats and the sport of sailing. You don't have to be a member of the Sunfish class association to support it as a recreational sailor. Support the class by coming to this event and help bring more people into the class and the sport.

Anyone who wants some good photo's of themselves sailing, come on down. There will be at least two photographers working the event, I can delegate one to shooting action shots of participants. I'll be out there sailing some too. I still don't have a good shot of myself sailing any of my boats, take from off the boat, although I've done the favor for hundreds of people.

It seems like we will be getting more and more prizes and sponsors. The sponsors need a bigger turnout to justify the expense. This is a feedback loop. The more we participate, the more prizes, the more notice given to the sport, and then still more participation. Our base is huge, we can make this big.

The whole purpose of this event is to promote the sport of sailing. No other class can do it as well, because none of them can match our numbers. Also, since the Sunfish is affordable both new or used, and stable, it really is the best boat for new sailors to learn on, and feeds so many other areas--like racing, keelboats, big boats, ocean sailing, navigating, etc. Every really good sailor I know got their feet wet in small boats--and most of them have sailed or presently own a Sunfish.

If you have any suggestions for the event, please drop me a line and give them to me.

So please do something for the sport. Show your support. Come on down and help promote the sport of sailing. If you don't have a boat, come on down and bring some food and drinks, someone will take you for a ride. if you have a Sunfish, take someone out for a sail. Bring extra lifejackets too.
Bring the whole family.

A web site will be up and running shortly with basic facts. www.sunfishfest.com

I'd welcome any volunteers to help run the event. My number
an email will be on the website or found in Windcheck.

Nightsailor, glad to see you're getting some sponsors lined up, and it sounds like a great time. a bit of a hike for me, but maybe I'll make it for next year.

cheers,
tag

Back