Deck Block Attachment?

ChalmersP

Hey guys, im in need of some new blocks for my cunningham/outhaul deck blocks. Ive had both the harken and holt blocks numerous times, but after a few months, they get very stiff, and sometimes siezed up... I wash my boat with freshwater every time I sail just so you know... My question is, is it legal to tie the blocks on to the the base? I was looking at Harkens new T18 blocks... Which would need to be tied on!
Thanks for your help!

Please tell me how that goes! I was going to try them, but Harken just came out with their T18 blocks, so ill give those a shot! :D
Thanks

I'm a big Ronstan fan, And the blocks just look more solid and sturdy to me, I'll let you know how they work out. Wut are you going to use for the tie? Vectran? I'm thinking some dyneema or amsteel.

Ive got a Fredriksen block that ive used for years! I move it from boat to boat, because I love it that much! I believe Ronstan bought Fredriksen a few years ago, but they make the exact same block, just with the Ronstan sticker on it! Its listed here as the Ronstan 60mm. Yes, its very expensive, but its incredibly smooth, has great holding power, and it LASTS!
On another note, DONT GET THE ORBIT! It lasted me about 3 months... the autoratchet feature is cool at first, but im either in wind that I want the ratchet, or not... Im not switching it constantly in a race. Its also a very small block, and the spectra attachment makes me skeptical, especially chafing around the eyestrap!
Hope this helps!

do you mean this block? And I have an orbit 55 autoratchet but seeing as I dont have my laser yet, I haven't tried it on the water. Thanks for the heads up but ill be getting a smooth eyestrap so the link doesnt chafe.

Back