Daggerboard replacement

Sailkb

Here's the story...... Sailed Friday evening and it was quite dark when packing up from the lake. Was going to sail again on Memorial day and found my daggerboard missing. Sure enough, I remembered in my mind the visual of the daggerboard laying in the grass (bad decision) and I was sure I left it behind. After extensive looking/asking around at the lake, I accepted the fact it was gone. Went home and straight to Craigslist hoping to get lucky. Long story short, ended up buying a Sunfish with not only daggerboard but all accessories, $150. I figured I would need to pay about that for another daggerboard so now I have two Sunfish but one daggerboard. At least I am back in business to go sailing. I'm thinking of making my own daggerboard but if anyone knows of something fairly cheap, maybe needs refinished, I might be interested. The way my wife sees it, I've already paid $150 for a daggerboard:mad:

BTW - the new fish is a recycle from a girl scout camp. Faded paint from setting in the sun, but I don't think sailed a whole lot. I figure it's around 1971. Fiberglass is in great shape. Sail is recreational but no tears. The boat did not feel heavy. I have yet to weigh it. I need to install an inspection port and check on the inside. It will be a fun project, and who knows, I might trade it out for the classic I'm currently sailing.

Back