Christmas time!!

Nora171010

This should be a fun topic, what do u guys want for ur laser for christmas?

For me, im thinking the intensity sails hiking strap, a new main block, and rudder ( if i can get all those things) :D

A new one :) Or probably more realistic a new sail. Rest of my boat kit is all good (apart from daggerboard but I have 2 and both in a state so really should get round to fixing one of them up again)

Just got my early Christmas present today - a new sail for the state championships next month. I just switched from 4.7 to radial so only had an Intensity up until now.

I still don't have the performance upgrades on my boat! They're at the top of my list, but wow! Its Going to be almost $600 to get both of them, thats a little steep. Maybe I can get one for Christmas and just buy the other one this spring. What do you guys think is more beneficial, the Vang System or the Out-haul Cunningham System?

Its pretty hard to decide this one it depends if you have already put blocks into your "old style" vang. Then the purchase may be enough but the v cleat is still not great. Also the cunningham/outhaul upgrade means that you dont have to reach out on the boom for your outhaul.

Personally I find that you can really "set and forget" your outhaul if its not the pro rigging whereas the vang has the most adjustment at the top mark and downwind - but if your happy with your current vang go for the easier outhaul/cunni.

P.S: if you want you can get the vang upgrade then buy the blocks and line to rig the pro cunni, just use the old cleat.

This outhaul versus vang upgrade question sounds like it deserves it's own thread. Maybe a poll? Personally I vote for the vang and cunningham.

Definitely vang/kicker should be first upgrade you get if on a limited budget, and get the harken. Makes a huge difference!

After 30+ years of Lasering I finally have everything I could want for my boat and my sailing gear. That's one of the best things about these little boats. You can actually get to a point where you have everything you need and then it is just maintenance and regatta fees.

I"m holding out until 2010 to replace my 98 model boat, (assuming I can afford one at the time).

Aft careful consideration, during the last weeks, my "top 1" on my long list, of all the Laser parts that hardly are available at Europe, for Santa is the book of "Sailing Drills made easy" by Geoff Becker.

We're going to relaunch a laserfleet for young active Laserites at the club next year. LooserLu is not a coach, but sure is involved to the coaches job ... I guess this book sure make things easier for me ... :O)

Yeah, I think I'm going to ask for the Vang upgrade, and then plan on buying the out haul-Cunningham upgrade in the spring. The other thing on my list is the Rooster Boat Whisperer DVDs I've heard they are pretty good.

Most people around here are upgrading boats for next spring.

We see lots of vang upgrades/carbon tillers and of course cold weather apparel.

People seem to be stocking up already for all boats, not just the Laser!

i recomend the gill drysuits. they are a little cheaper and i think better made. the new that i have has neoprene seals and latex booties. i really like it. and everyone i know that has it really likes it.

Back