Can someone please explain?

InLove

Hello everybody! here I am again...my boyfriend is at Miami´s OCR and I do see the scores (?points?) position through their page, but I can´t understand a thing as I don´t know what it means....all those points earned each day (score?) position, etc...What a throw out means...Could somenone be kind enough to explain what is all about?
I know it sound obvious for you all but I am learning about sailing just now.....
How to know and understand is he´s doing allright on the regatta....(or just completely loosing..hehe..)
Thank youuu!!!:)

less points = better results (better fleet position)

i.e if you end up in first place( in one regatta) you earn 1 point, but if you end up 25 (position) you earned 25 ponits. then you have to do the math, those with lots of points are well down the list! hope it is clearer now!:)

throw out means ( i think in spanish we say descarte) you ask the jury not to count your worst regatta (-ie if you came out in 53 place so as not have so many points. remeber less points better position!!!

To clarify, a throw out is when, after 5 races have been sailed, you get to discard your worst score.

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda Juan!! ;)

Dou you know what these numbers and letters in brackets mean?

[54/OCS]
[53/BFD]
[54/DSQ]
[54/RAF]
[53/NoFin]

Again thanks for taking the time to explain. :)

BFD - Black Flag Disqualification
OCS - On Course Side

Means he started before he was supposed to. With a black flag if he was over the line from 1 minute - start he's disqualified. OCS was just over the line at the start.

DSQ - Disqualification
RAF - Retired after finish
NoFin - Did not finish race

And the numbers are the points given for those classifications, if those are his results then he's not doing very well at all ;)

And the numbers are the points given for those classifications, if those are his results then he's not doing very well at all ;)

Those clearly aren't his results. Something like that would be near impossible lol.

...Hopefully.

Of course those are not his numbers, thanks Kratos!
I took examples from the hole table of results just to know a bit of everything shown there.....Alex/Steve, he sure had fun!!! I hope next time I can come along...:)

You'll wisen up eventually and let him go to regattas by himself.
Grass growing ....... if your not competing.

Back