Beginner sailor and thread guy looking for help!

rubyandlola

Hello to all of you out there! I just recently got an older sunfish as well as a older sailfish. The sails are in need of new line such as the mainsheet line, the halyard line, and the outhaul line. i think these are the names of them but if i am wrong please tell me! im investigating and shooting in the dark here! how would one go about replacing the outhaul line (the line which connects the sail to the upper and lower spar cap end thingy)? and what do i get and where? also, the sailfish doesnt have a drain plug, it has this thing which is shown in the picture below, ive called some people and they have no clue what it is, if anyone can point me in a direction that would be amazing! thank you for looking at this! and again im a novice and have no idea what im doing, if anyone has any advice please shoot it my way!!
13000.jpeg

The Sailfish had a drain plug at the bow. That is probably what that is. It been covered thick with paint so I would clean off the metal part of paint. The plug should just be screwed in.

The Sailfish had a drain plug at the bow. That is probably what that is. It been covered thick with paint so I would clean off the metal part of paint. The plug should just be screwed in.
Yes, I think I see where the grooves for the screwdriver go. I’ve got to say that is an odd place for the drain!!!

Yes, an odd place for the drain, but that’s where it is on the Sailfish. Yours looks different, though. It may take some removal of the paint to get it unscrewed. Do you have a pic of the whole boat?

Attachments

• 989C4898-46CC-4979-A74C-F69F61320F3A.jpeg
    989C4898-46CC-4979-A74C-F69F61320F3A.jpeg
    558.5 KB · Views: 20

Back