i sails

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by Portstar, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Portstar

Portstar New Member

Has anyone used these sails.If so what do you think of them?

2. Rob B

Rob B Active Member

Do you mean Intensity Sails? If so, there have been several threads here just do a quick search.

3. Portstar

Portstar New Member

4. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

Sorry, the following reply of me was already written before I saw "Portstar"s reply "#3".
    For common information I don't delete my words below:

No, "i-sails" is not Intensity Sails. "i-sails" comes from France (-> i-Sails: 3 rue du plat, 69002 Lyon, France) and sells to European Countries:
    http://www.i-sails.com/Welcome.php
    http://www.i-sails.com/page6.php

BTW:
    Also, there is another Sailmaker called "Insails".
    F.e.: At GER, Insails sell at ebay.de via "insails" ebay-shop from Plymouth/UK : http://stores.ebay.de/INSAILS

The hearsay I know about from GER is, that sails of "Insails" are "~"/"like" the replika sails from "roostersailing" for the Laser. I never have seen replika sails of "Insails" or Roostersailing or "i-sails", sorry.

With beginning of December 2008 (Yesterday) the import free limmits rised up (from 22 Euro to 150 Euro).
    If Insensity Sails would sell their sails for lower than exact 150 Euro ( in the moment: 150 Euro ~188 US$), then they (Intensity Sails) are cheaper than "i-sails" or "Insails", if one include the total shipping costs :)

Ciao
    LooserLu

5. Rob B

Rob B Active Member

Nope, but I can think of 3 reasons right off the bat why NOT to buy theirs.

1)- The Intensity brand is less expensive, (I'm pretty sure).
    2)- Intensity inlcudes numbers with their sail package and a sail sleeve type bag.
    3)- Intensity is actually a sponsor and supporter of The Laser Forum.

Other than that they sound about the same.

6. mghbones

mghbones New Member

I have purchase both the Intensity and Rooster sails. Both are fine, though perhaps I would just give the Rooster as a slight advantage over the Intensity for finsh and quality but in the end if price was your main consideration then go for the Intensity because it really is hard to pick the difference. By the way the i-sail looks a lot like the Rooster, having the same sail bag and battens. The Insail has a roll bag but the rest looks like the Rooster offering.

For any Australian sailors interested, when the Australian dollar was stronger I purchase the Intensity so that landed it cost less than Aus$250. The Rooster I got locally from Rooster Sailing Australia for Aus$350.

7. scars_scrapes

scars_scrapes New Member

if it is price you cant beat isails right now at $159 but the guys at intensity are great to laser sailors.

8. Mattcm

Mattcm Member

Ahh those were the days...

9. Webmuppet

Webmuppet New Member

Two of the guys at my club have recently purchased products from Insails (one a radial, one a full sail) - they've both been really pleased with them. Both sailors don't get involved in anything other than a bit of club racing so the fact that they're not genuine products is not an issue for them. Both have said that compared to the their very 'tired' original sails, the new sail is a definite improvement despite being less than half the price of the genuine article,

Nigel

10. Portstar

Portstar New Member

thanks for the info on these sails

11. IntensitySails

IntensitySails Member

Just for clarification purposes. Our sails are on special right now for $179.99 for full rig size with free shipping in the US and include a clew strap, sail tube, sail bag, self adhesive digital 8 numbers (4 red, 8 black), tell tales & battens.

I think you will find this to add up to the better value also taking into account that we have made over 1000 of these and have achieved the necessary consistency.

12. Portstar

Portstar New Member

What about free shipping to canada?

13. IntensitySails

IntensitySails Member

We ship to Canada on a daily basis! We use USPS Priority or Express Mail.

14. jumpno

jumpno New Member

i ordered some stuff off them, the shipping wasnt free, but it was pretty cheap, it might have just been cus it was some line tho ;)

15. beaker

beaker hi

think the "Free Shipping" Jim is refering to is a holiday promotion.

16. IntensitySails

IntensitySails Member

Shipping

I am sorry I missed the Free portion of the question. Our Free shipping is in the continental USA.
    Thanks.

17. Barometer Soup

Barometer Soup New Member

One of the guys in our fleet uses them and beats me almost every time(he owns the company). I wll be using one in the spring as my laser sail is very tired. I know at least 3 others in the fleet will be using them too.
    I think they are on sale for $144 right now

Barometer Soup

18. ChalmersP

ChalmersP Member

My club has just ordered 14 suits of sails for 420's and 4 4.7 sails from intensity. In my opinion there is no difference aside from price! If its a practice sail then it is meant to beat to death!

19. Al Black

Al Black New Member

When I bought my Laser it came with a tired old Laser sail (with the wrong number!), guessing the sail was 25 yr old. Replaced it with a sail from InSails, wow! It was sharp, it was crisp, it was powerful!

After a season in the West of Scotland it is still fairly crisp and draws well; it makes a very nice shape whether beating or running.

Al.

20. shane6890

shane6890 New Member

yea but you cant legally race in real competition without the proper laser sails made by the company that is why they call them PRACTICE SAILS on the website :D