i sails

Well, As these are not class legal the only thing it would do is add cost to the sail. There is no benefit to having them for class racing.

I just wish all the suppliers of non class legal equipment would delibrately make there equipment clearly appear not to be class legal equipment. Part of the reason why I opted not to remain a class measurer was it was becoming more of a problem identifying class legal equipment form counterfeit equipment and sooner or later I was going to miss seeing a sail, centreboard, rudder, boom, mast plug or something else, when measuring several hundred boats at a regatta, someone was then going to protest and I was going to be held responsible for "permitting" that piece of equipment to be used. FFS, it's easy enough for them to copy the equipment, it's equally easy for them to make sure it stands out at 10m/30' as being non class legal.

I have never used any besides the intensity so I cannot comment on the others. Ours is made to the same spec and shape with a firmer fished cloth.

Performance wise they are all pretty much the same. I find the intensity trims a little differently to a class sail.

The Rooster ones at the club look nice when new and seems to set well.

I currently have one made by Morgan Sails and that seems pretty good as well as being very nicely put together (and built by a fellow forum member).

Have to second the testimonial RE: Intensity. Great products and great service and advice from a true "Laser Guy." Jim also supports this forum through his advertising.

Back