2006 Laser Worlds underway!

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by SFBayLaser, Sep 13, 2006.

1. TLF

TLF News Robot

Scuttlebutt #2546 Rules Question (Campbell Sailing)

An interesting rules question went through the Scuttlebutt threads this week, and the rules were discussed and then corrected and explained. But, as often happens with rules discussions, the tactical ramifications of the scenario were not discussed. It is well and good to discuss the rules and debate their nuances, but without putting them in [...]

More...

2. TLF

TLF News Robot

Palma Set to Start (Campbell Sailing)

The annual week of Spanish Olympic sailing is set to start today under sunny skies and dying northerly breeze off Palma de Mallorca in the western Mediterranean. Trofeo Princesa Sofia is traditionally the first event of the European spring circuit and should live up to its reputation as the best tune up for the upcoming [...]

More...

3. TLF

TLF News Robot

Day 1 Trofeo Princesa Sofia (Campbell Sailing)

Today we had a leisurely two o’clock start on the Laser racecourse at Palma’s Princess Sofia Regatta. The sun was out but not very strong in the cool 55-degree 8-10 knot southerly that dominated the day. Before today the racing area was mostly flat calm aside from the wake of practicing boats and their accompanying [...]

More...

4. TLF

TLF News Robot

Day 2 Palma - Swell, Sun and Seabreeze (Campbell Sailing)

We had yet another spectacular day for sailboat racing here off the south shore of Mallorca today. Right on cue at 12 o’clock the seabreeze filled across the Bahia de Palma to a light-moderate 7-10 knots out of the south matched with a smaller swell than previous days. The sun was out but temperatures struggled [...]

More...

5. TLF

TLF News Robot

Palma Continues (Campbell Sailing)

Palma is a curious place. It seems to fit the role of Europe???s Florida, filled to the brim with cheap hotels and narrow beaches, warmer than the rest of the continent most of the year and largely populated by retirees from any number of countries from northern Europe. Around the side-streets of Ca???n Pastilla where [...]

More...

6. TLF

TLF News Robot

Bill Ward Wins National Coach of the Year Award/ Palma Continues (Campbell Sailing)

As written in today’s US Sailing Press Release??NATIONAL COACH of the Year: ?? Bill Ward??As a former college All-American, Georgetown University Sailing Team captain, and national champion sailor and coach, Bill Ward (Newport Beach, Calif.) possesses a uniquely unassuming and versatile focus that has fostered success at the highest levels of collegiate and Olympic [...]

More...

7. TLF

TLF News Robot

Palma?s Final Series Done - Medal Race Tomorrow (Campbell Sailing)

Palma finally lived up to its reputation and delivered its quota of one missed day of racing on the schedule today, but we had plenty of breeze??? It???s a decidedly longer story than it ought to be. I awoke to the palm fronds tapping against my window this morning, an issue we haven???t had with [...]

More...

8. TLF

TLF News Robot

CampbellSailing: 9th at Trofeo Princesa Sofia (Campbell Sailing)

Yesterday’s medal race turned out to be blowing-dogs-off-chains kind of day. We awoke to 15-18 knots of southerly breeze driving three foot waves into the Bahia Palma and it would only get windier. The majority of the fleets started around noon??while kitesurfers and windsurfers blasted along the shoreline just inside the medal-race courses. By the [...]

More...

9. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 24 March 2008 (Campbell Sailing)

This week in Palma presented a number of possible situations worthy of discussion from the Monday Morning perspective. The Medal Race is always one of those scenarios that provides an increased number of close calls and debatable decisions. As we lined up for the final approach to the starting line in the final race of [...]

More...

10. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 31 March 2008 (Campbell Sailing)

Bob McKillop, yes that Bob McKillop, the insolent yet patient coach who took his Davidson players past my Hoyas last week in the NCAA Tournament said something that struck an interesting chord last week after his squad played their way into the ‘Sweet Sixteen.’ In response to a question about whether he had expected his [...]

More...

11. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 14 April 2008 Upwind Positioning (Campbell Sailing)

First things first, I’d like to put up a little testimonial to embarrass my little brother Michael who, while sailing at Georgetown University’s Sailing practice last Thursday, had an incident exactly like the one described in this column last week. I’ll let him tell the story: At practice on Thursday, the exact situation that you described [...]

More...

12. laser167373

laser167373 New Member

Re: Monday Morning Tactician: 14 April 2008 Upwind Positioning (Campbell Sailing)

hahahaha g-town got owned by davidson

13. TLF

TLF News Robot

Hyeres - S.O.F. Ready to Go (Campbell Sailing)

The 40th annual Semaine Olympique Francais is primed and ready to go this Sunday after two weeks of battling Mistral and Easterly winds. The training over the last month has seen extremes of weather with weeks of 25+ offshore Mistral winds blowing cold air off the mountains from the north as well as wet and [...]

More...

14. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 5 May 2008 (Campbell Sailing)

With the routine so set in place in France last month you might think I was ready to stay. You would be wrong. After a couple of crazy connections and having a bag lost somewhere between Dublin and Philadelphia as I write, I made it back to America safe and sound. Rain greets my arrival [...]

More...

15. TLF

TLF News Robot

NBC Olympic Sailing Site Up and Running (Campbell Sailing)

The NBC Olympic website is up and running in full force with their sailing database updated and firing on all cylinders. I had an interview with Washington DC’s NBC4 studio last week that should go online after it airs sometime next weekend or the following week. Meanwhile, have a look around at*NBCOlympics.com. Apparently I’m athlete [...]

More...

16. TLF

TLF News Robot

Campbell Sailing.com Update (Campbell Sailing)

Along with the new website configuration and color scheme there is a new link containing all the current video clips available from the campaign currently online. Check it out on the sidebar under Videos or click*here.*I’m in San Diego for the end of this week taking care of loose ends, mail, receipts, bills and checks. [...]

More...

17. TLF

TLF News Robot

Live this Morning on KUSI San Diego (Campbell Sailing)

After a slew of interviews over the last couple of days local San Diego news network KUSI News had me on live this morning at 10am for their*Inside San Diego spotlight. Pretty cool, I was right up there with the two anchorwomen. It was sort of an “Anchorman” the movie day today interviewing with the [...]

More...

18. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Brmmm Brmmm

Re: Live this Morning on KUSI San Diego (Campbell Sailing)

LOL what a classic:
    http://www.kusi.com/news/insidesd/18807049.html?video=pop&t=a

Mr. Campbell is a down to earth guy. LOL The women thought they had a wild card for moment there, totally losing control of the interview. LOL

Suddenly blog comments like: "...So little brain power gets used on the Laser racecourse it is incredible..." gain overall context. You don't usually find these sorts of statements from any one else other than Chris Dickson. LOL

good on ya mate!

19. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Re: Live this Morning on KUSI San Diego (Campbell Sailing)

It's a very pink interview. Even too much for me.

20. TLF

TLF News Robot

New West Marine Article (Campbell Sailing)

Last week was a busy one. I spent a few days at home in San Diego and managed to have two magazine interviews, a magazine photo shoot, two television interviews (one live on KUSI), and still got to spend a mother’s day weekend sailing with Mom and the Javelin J105 team. Here’s a great article [...]

More...