2006 Laser Worlds underway!

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by SFBayLaser, Sep 13, 2006.

1. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 30 April 2007 - Judge and Jury (Campbell Sailing)

I had the good fortune, if you will, to be an umpire this past weekend for the Pacific Coast High School’s qualifiers for their Team Race National Championships and the Baker Trophy. WithÂ*a certain amount of jealousy,Â*I rode around in the whaler all weekend, wielding the rasta-colored red, green and yellow jury flags. Accompanied by [...]

More...

2. TLF

TLF News Robot

In the News (Campbell Sailing)

The cover of the May edition ofÂ*SAIL Magazine featured a great shot from the US Olympic Pre-Trials in October. I thought I’d pass it along seeing that itÂ*aptlyÂ*fits the category: Any press is good press! I can’t thank all my supporters enough, so this will have to suffice until I can get back on the [...]

More...

3. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 8 May 2007 - Lucky Break (Campbell Sailing)

“Oui,” mumbled the technician from behind the protective glass that separated him from me sitting at the white table in a white-walled room with only one x-ray machine in it for all of the breaks, cracks, fractures of Hyeres. On the otherwise blankÂ*wall of the x-ray room strikingly blue, bright and filled with motion hung [...]

More...

4. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 14 May 2007 - In the Room (Campbell Sailing)

With the days counting down until my cast comes off my wrist and thumb, I found myself on the water as a judge again, this time for the 2006-2007 ISSA High School Double-handed Nationals for the Mallory Trophy held this past weekend off Long Beach Pier in Southern California. While spending the two days and [...]

More...

5. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 21 May 2007 - A Pin and a Hard Place (Campbell Sailing)

My apologies for a slightly delayed edition of Monday Morning Tactician. To give a glimpse of the glamour involved with an Olympic sailing campaign, I spent most of yesterday driving back and forth to the Brazilian Consulate in north Los Angeles attempting to attain a passport visa for the upcoming Pan Am Games. No excuse [...]

More...

6. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 30 May 2007 - Layline Battles (Campbell Sailing)

Getting a jump start on Monday morning did not do me much good getting it up onto the site this week. Internet access is a tricky process here in Hyeres. I was doing my best not to doze off before my connecting flight left from Paris to Marseilles two days ago when I started the [...]

More...

7. TLF

TLF News Robot

Laser European Championships: Day One from Hyeres, France (Campbell Sailing)

I find myself in France yet again. After four days of training back from a five week off-period on the disabled-list with a thumb injury, the first day of the Europeans went off just fine today after a light air postponement kept us ashore this morning. Luckily we did not have to wait too long [...]

More...

8. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 4 June 2007 (Campbell Sailing)

Don’t marginalize yourself on the racecourseThat seems like sound enough advice. The easiest way to prevent marginalization is better anticipation of your future positioning and the potential moves of your competitors.Sailing up the last short beat to the finish in the first race today, I found myself with an opportunity to catch one last boat. [...]

More...

9. TLF

TLF News Robot

Europeans Second Day Update (Campbell Sailing)

ResultsÂ*are available at: http://coych.nikopo.com/?page=affnews&id=34Â*The second day of racing here in Hyeres turned out lighter than the first. Originally forecasted as the lightest day of the week, a trickle of weak thermal began to fill across the boatpark much earlier today than yesterday. After a very short postponement ashore, we ventured out into five knots, or [...]

More...

10. TLF

TLF News Robot

Europeans Day Three Report (Campbell Sailing)

Two more hours ashore started off a warm day in Hyeres. Just after noon we headed out on the water to sail one race ahead of an impending thunderstorm that rose steadily overhead while we raced in its shadow. The wind filled to about five knots and no more from the west as we sailed [...]

More...

11. TLF

TLF News Robot

Europeans Qualifier Series Ends Today (Campbell Sailing)

Today???s racing could easily be wrapped up in one phrase: Hurry up and wait. After arriving to the boatpark in humid 75 degree temperatures and drizzling skies, we watched the AP flag go up on shore yet again. We waited until noon for an announcement telling when the next announcement about the extent postponement would [...]

More...

12. TLF

TLF News Robot

All in Vain on Day Five at Euros (Campbell Sailing)

‘A lost cause’ mutters Pearce as we stare blankly into the still western sky, the sun setting behind the hills surrounding the Port d’Hyeres. The horsetrack in the foreground is quiet, and the airport just behind the trees is the only source of detectable sound besides my rattling keyboard and the occasional blues tracks coming [...]

More...

13. TLF

TLF News Robot

Europeans Final Report - Day Six A Beauty (Campbell Sailing)

Waking up to bright sunshine and dew on our gear hanging on the balcony was a welcomed change from the five days of drizzle, haze, and less than ideal breeze. The last day of the Europeans in Hyeres was one of those days that you know will shape up to be a great day of [...]

More...

14. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 10 June 2007 - Pressing Reset (Campbell Sailing)

Plenty often in sports we hear the phrase: “We’re taking it one game at a time.†What does that even mean? Of course you’re playing one game at a time, there aren’t enough players for two games simultaneously, and you can’t save up runs or points or time around the racecourse for future races. Taking [...]

More...

15. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Brmmm Brmmm

Re: Monday Morning Tactician: 10 June 2007 - Pressing Reset (Campbell Sailing)

It's a good post:

Everyone needs to take advangtage of that fresh start. Don't beat yourself up. :cool:

16. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 18 June 07 - Basketball? (Campbell Sailing)

From what my teammates and classmates at Georgetown can tell you, I was a much better fan of Hoya basketball than a player on the court. In fact Coach Callahan had to make an anti-ball-sports rule during my career there, just so I couldn’t injure myself too badly. So, when Coach Bodie put sailing in [...]

More...

17. TLF

TLF News Robot

Cascais Brief (Campbell Sailing)

Briefly, the update from Cascais is a good one. Sailing in big waves, as high as 2.5 meters (I mean big waves) and decent breeze has been a welcomed change in sailing conditions after so little breeze at the Europeans last week. There are about eight boats training here out of a marina east of [...]

More...

18. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 25 June 2007 - A Hard Luff? (Campbell Sailing)

Running races in training always seems to produce plenty of incidents worth analysis. However, it is rare that you get a situation that stumps six full-time Laser sailors as well as a coach, even with the rule book in hand. We had exactly that this week while sailing out of the Oeiras Marina some 10 [...]

More...

19. TLF

TLF News Robot

Olympic Sports Interview (Campbell Sailing)

Please link to: olympicsports.org.uk*for a spotlight this week with an Olympic Sports site in Britain.

More...

20. TLF

TLF News Robot

Monday Morning Tactician: 2 June 2007 - Cover or Split? (Campbell Sailing)

The training days here in Cascais can drain you. The sun is relentless, not too hot, but burns your skin without too much trouble when you miss a spot on your cheek or have your shirt off in the boatpark for just a few minutes too long while doing boatwork (who am I fooling, “Laser [...]

More...