Where to buy used Laser?

Mick

Does anyone know of any other good resources for finding used Lasers?

This is where I've been checking:

www.laserforum.org
www.laser.org
www.teamvanguard.com

I've also sent out emails to several Laser email groups for the District 20 area as well as doing numerous web searches (which by the way, turns up a ton of boats in Canada).

I'd like to be able to do this without a major road-trip, but that's starting to seem unlikely...it's either that, keep waiting, or scrap the Laser entirely & move on to something else.

Any other ideas of places to look?

Mick
District 20 (Chicago)

What about nearest dealers - many of them take old lasers on trade for new ones.....
Have you tried the NA Laser emailing list ?

Great idea...I'm almost ashamed to admit that I never thought of that!

What's the NA list?

Thanks,

Mick

If you want to buy new, Hedlund Marine in Wilmette has a few that were used for only one regatta. They're sold under new cost, and have lots of nice upgrades. I was drooling over the green one today while buying parts for my paleoLaser. Otherwise, D20 usually sees about 2 boats a month go up for sale.

Wish I could afford new...but I can't. I actually just called Hedlund yesterday looking for used Lasers & they told me about those boats.

I've had a couple of positive leads over the past few days...time will tell if something pans out. I'll find one sooner or later...hopefully sooner; I'm really looking forward to sailing out of downtown!

Thanks,

Mick

I've got a line on one I'm going to take a look at tomorrow...It's got everything I'm looking for, but the price is just a hair higher than I wanted, but it may be worth it.

We shall see...

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

Mick

It took me 12 months of hard looking. Local and non local YC web sites, Vanguard site, here, e-bay, Laser class site, local and non local boat dealer sites. However, I took delivery this past Wednesday! Proud new poppa of 164375, (yes, I've joined the class) for under $2k. Hull, spars and blades are in great shape, but everything else needs to be replaced from sitting outside/being unprotected from the sun. It was over 500 miles away, but the guy met me halfway. I think my tight budget and wanting a hull no older than 1995 is what took me so long, but it was well worth it! Remember to take dr. Laser's list of what to look for when you check out a boat and take a scale! Good Luck!

I'm good to go....picked up my new (used) Laser yesterday afternoon! It's in really good condition; there's a few things I would have to do to make it race ready I suppose, but I'm not in a hurry for that. Right now, I just want to learn it & have some fun.

Thanks for all the geat tips everyone!

Mick

Back