Where to buy new Sunfish on West Coast?

srossfbt

Any recommendations on where to buy a new Sunfish if you live on the west coast? Trying to minimize shipping costs. West Coast Sailing no longer caries them so now I'm not sure.

I remember when I lived in Vegas, it seemed all I could find were Hobie products…
That’s how I ended up with a Hobie 16 instead of the laser 2 I had been looking for at the time

There seems to be a lot more Sunfish back east. Most of the people I sail with have Lasers, Force Fives and Banshees. My interest in the Rocket is due to its ease of set up and being faster, I think I could keep up with them better. Don't think I could sell my Sunfish for one though. A Rocket would be, "in addition to" purchase.

Laser Performance unfortunately cut off some dealers, apparently as those dealers started selling ILCAs, which are the successor to the Laser (LP still makes Lasers but they are not class legal.). That is a real bummer as several bigger Sunfish dealers were cut off. I lived in San Francisco for a couple years in the mid-teens, and Svendsen’s in Alameda was a dealer. However, it looks like they might have stopped selling any boats, but they might be worth a call. Theoretically Laser Perf should be able to tell you of there are any dealers out west but Ive heard they are hard to get in touch with. Sunfish Direct ships, but I don’t know the shipping charges.

Back