what should $950 get me?

kai

ive been sailing 420s for my college and was looking to get into laser sailing to impove on my skills. i found a laser from the 80's that includes a new Seitech Dolly. he says that it is in good sailing conditions. the sail is a little beat up so ill need a new one for racing. but he said the hull is pretty solid. does this seem like a decent deal? and if so what problems should i look for? thx.
-kai

sounds ok, a dolly is always good

does it have a trailer? new or old controls?

do you need a trailer?

it doesnt have a trailer. i only need a trailer to get it to my house. bc i live right on the water.

ahh

well sometimes you can find boats for a bit more that come with trailers, look around and see what people are selling

do price comparisons

ive been sailing 420s for my college and was looking to get into laser sailing to impove on my skills. i found a laser from the 80's that includes a new Seitech Dolly. he says that it is in good sailing conditions. the sail is a little beat up so ill need a new one for racing. but he said the hull is pretty solid. does this seem like a decent deal? and if so what problems should i look for? thx. -kai

Sight unseen that is a great deal. Tell me where it is so I can go buy it then resell it for $1,400.....

Sight unseen that is a great deal.

Uh yeah. Sellers have widely varying ability to assess what exactly constitutes a "stiff hull" and a "stiff deck."

Lack of trailer is probably a a plus in a really old boat. I've seen too many old boats crushed onto their trailers by overenthusiastic application of the ratchet tie down strap.

Buy no laser "sight unseen" unless you'd be willing to pay the asking price for a delaminated deck with a leaky mast step "mostly" attached to a crushed hull. :eek:

Back