What is a Laser trailer worth?

Kurbis

I have acquired a trailer that I don't want or need. I can't find info on what it might be worth to get rid of (see pics). Does anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

• P4270004.jpg
    P4270004.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 69
  • P4270006.jpg
    P4270006.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 61
  • P4270012.jpg
    P4270012.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 75
  • P4270011.jpg
    P4270011.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 70
That kind of trailer is not popular with Laser sailors because the hull is not supported properly. At least, that's the dogma. But the trailer does look rather new. Consequently, I find it hard to suggest a selling price.

Painted, not Galvanized. New replacement only four or (at most) five hundred. try three hundred, drop to two-fifty.

where are you located? I think I know a guy who would buy it.... if you're in the northeast I can probably work out a deal.

Looks like $ 250.00 to me. Probably great for someone w/a Seadoo or small john boat.

Any trailer that size in decent shape with good tires, bearings, lights and a good working hitch is worth a couple hundred, in my opinion.
They have so many possible uses that i feel you could get a couple hundred for it.

I would look at other classes of boat better suited to such a trailer. From a personal perspective I would not tow my Laser on a trailer like that (even if it was free) - but maybe I'm fussy. I'm sure there are other classes the trailer would suit better.

Ian

Few weeks ago I sold a similar trailer (1984 model with gunwale support) for 225 Euro's. But that was in Holland. The buyer was quite happy with it.

Few weeks ago I sold a similar trailer (1984 model with gunwale support) for 225 Euro's. But that was in Holland. The buyer was quite happy with it.

I'd pay $250-300 for it if you could produce the title... Would walk away if you didnt have the title... it took 3-4 weeks and $75 to get plates for a trailer I bought some years ago, because I didnt know what I was doing.

Thanks very much to all for the benefit of your experience.

I'm going to transport my new boat on my roof rack (800 km or so). Assuming I transport it hull-side up on some type of "soft" support (open to suggestions), and strap it solidly, is there anything else I should be concerned about with that?

Tim

Thanks very much to all for the benefit of your experience.

I'm going to transport my new boat on my roof rack (800 km or so). Assuming I transport it hull-side up on some type of "soft" support (open to suggestions), and strap it solidly, is there anything else I should be concerned about with that?

Tim

Strap it solidly, yes, but don't crunch it. You can damage the boat if you tighten the straps too much.

That's the perfect trailer to roll a dolly up onto singlehanded. It just needs a center roller in the back, and I'd cut the bunks off at 45 degrees to make it easier to get the dolly crossbar up onto it.

Search roll on trailers if anyone is interested.

Al

Back