westchester co., ny or sw ct. launch/store?

bogman

Having recenlty completed an intro to sailing course at Westport Sailing School, I'm eager to practice using a laser given to me by dear old Dad. Would greatly appreciate leads on appropriate storage and launch sites on LI Sound in the Greenwich to Stamford area in Ct. or Port Chester to New Rochelle in Westchester. I have a trailer, but am looking for a location near a launch site to park the boat so I can take a few hours at leasure.

Thanks,

Brendan

I can't help with the NY side of the border, but in CT it varies on what town you're looking at. All the towns in LIS have policies for their residents to launch boats and most don't allow no residents. If you don't live in Greenwich, you can pay to get into Greenwich Point on a daily bases, but to my knowledge, you can't pay to bring a boat in for a non resident.
The State of CT has a Boat ramp in Westport, but it's a long way to LIS and it's also on the north side of a draw bridge. Norwalk has a boat ramp that non residents can pay to use, but it's also a long way to get out to the sound. I'd suggest looking into Stamford as the last time I was there it had no restrictions at at least one ramp or join a YC.

Back