West Coast charters

Michelle

Hi folks,

I'm dreaming about going to the US Nationals in Santa Cruz in July. Who charters boats on the West Coast?

Michelle said:
Hi folks,

I'm dreaming about going to the US Nationals in Santa Cruz in July. Who charters boats on the West Coast?

As I write this there are no "official" charterers, but you might inquire to Svendsen's Marine (the SF area Laser dealer and, I note, a sponsor of this site) and directly to Peter Phelan (the event organizer - [email protected]). If nothing else it lets them know you want to come and need to charter a boat.

If you are going to do the US Nationals in Santa Cruz then you should come out and also sail the Laser PCC's in Monterey the Sat-Mon before (Nationals run Thu-Sun). Santa Cruz is on the nuclear side of Monterey Bay, Monterey is on the beautiful side. So, you get three days of sailing in 10-12 before going over to sail in 18-20+++. 21 miles apart across the bay, 45 miles by car. Two big events in just over one week, can't beat it!

Oh yeah, all the sea otters live in Monterey, Santa Cruz just has a bunch of noisy sea lions.

Tracy

Back