Video: Another Sailor Catches The Laser Bug

andyatos

After 6 months or so of sailing his Sunfish, my buddy bought a Laser that I found for him on Craigs List San Francisco. After his first day in light winds in the new boat two weeks ago, we went out for Day 2... hoping for a bit more.

Got in some 10-11 ish mph winds right after the wind line arrived then it slowly got lighter. Not as much as we had wanted but it was good tacking and boat handling practice for Greg. Not too bad for December 29th out here in Northern California... during high pressure between storms.

Here's the video.

- Andy

Wow, good job! I know this won't interest anyone but you (and possibly not even that!), but the bug hit me also! I live in Colorado, but stayed in a cabin just below the where the hwy 1 bridge crosses the Russian River, just north of you. They had an ancient Laser in the carport, which I cobbled together and sailed; first time since about '92. Much fun, now I have an even ancienter Laser and am sailing in Colorado in the winter, mostly because I'm nuts. Thanks for sharing, that's awesome!
Laser California Aug 2015.jpg

Stayed in a cabin just below the where the hwy 1 bridge crosses the Russian River, just north of you. They had an ancient Laser in the carport, which I cobbled together and sailed; first time since about '92.
Ah... excellent! Then you'll probably enjoy this video.

Jenner To Duncans Mills And Back

And in case you're interested, here's my Vimeo Laser videos. Mostly shot from the local area.
https://vimeo.com/album/2595900
Laser Sailing on Vimeo

Cheers,

- Andy

Back