Value of 1986 Laser ?

I've been offered an old 1986 Laser , white hull , grey deck & a jet-ski trailer for $700. The hull is dry & has no soft spots. Everything is original , with no damage or repairs at all. The hull has been kept outside on the trailer & everything else has been kept indoors. It doesn't look like it's had much use.
The only thing it needs is new trailer wheels/tires.
Is $700 too much for a 23 year old boat ?

Seems like a pretty good deal to me! Lasers in good condition don't lose too much value, and in some cases may even retain their original value through the years.

Sounds like a really good deal. Weigh it just to make sure and do the leak test on the mast step. It should not weigh over 138 lbs.

Out of curioisity. Where is this for sale? Does the cockpit have a red repair? Is the trailer a double ski trailer? I had mine stolen a few years back and that's how it was.

It's in Portsmouth ..... yep , red repair in cockpit ..... yep , double trailer ... Only joking ... It's in Ft Lauderdale , no repairs at all , single trailer.

Price sounds great!

I've been looking for a Laser and this is roughly what I've found in pricing...kinda

Year 2000 and newer: 4000 plus
1990-2000: 3000 plus
1980-1990: 2200-3000
1970-1980: 600-2000.

This is mostly guesswork so if anyone has a better take on it, I'd love to hear. Also trailer vs none, plus upgrades seem to have some affect but not always huge.
At the moment, I know of an '87 which is priced in the 3000+ range and I'm wondering if it's a bit high.

Back