upgrading old laser

lilcumpi

as the title says im looking to upgrade an old laser hull to the next easy to adjust controls. I have a tight budget and so i found these on the internet...does anyone have any experiance with these..

Attachments

• 2175s.jpg
    2175s.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 116
I've not tried them myself but they did have a demonstration set-up on a stand at this year's Dinghy Show - the plastic 'keeper' arrangement worked far better than I'd expected but not sure how much it costs in comparison to the standard set-up

Cheers,

Nigel

From what ive seen of these you have to buy the deck cleats and clocks etc.. all sperate however the deck cleats sell for about £30...so its considerably cheaper...i was just wondering if they are any good like

Do bear in mind though that these are not class legal so you may find yourself on the receiving end of a measurement protest if you got to an Open meeting or regatta.

I dont think its a good option, but....You can build yourslef a riser(baseplate) and attach 2 microcleats with extreme angle fairleads for alot cheaper than buying the expensive set. The baseplate is NOT class legal if that matters to you, but it works well(just like the expensive system) and saves you some coin.

Back