Trippy things seen on C/L...

Cactus Cowboy

So, I've been looking at boats again on C/L, in more than one SoCal location, and I stumbled upon these funky ads... has anybody seen one of these "E Foils" in action? :eek:

E Foil

Wonder how much protection they offer from 2-ton Great Whites, large alligators & crocodiles, etc., etc. I'm thinking this car might offer a little more protection... :rolleyes:

Bad boy Cabriolet, even if it IS a Ford, lol...

Then we have this old T-Bird, I guess cars are moving into the C/L 'Boats' section... I'm hoping to see an old VW Schwimmwagen in the near future!!! ;)

'60 T-Bird

Remember, NO TATTOOS & NO MASSAGES, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :confused:

Happened to peruse the OC listings on C/L, saw a few boats worth posting in this thread. First, we have a launch designed by Ed Monk, kinda cool woodwork even if it's showing a little age. And I believe those are brass or bronze panel plates, don't see those too often nowadays. Ed Monk's philosophy (when it came to boat design) must have been "form follows function"---but he designed some pretty solid power craft that could take some abuse. Meh, looks cooler than a Duffy Boat, LOL... anyway, it was worth a second look, even though I'd only ever buy a sailboat, aye? Here we go with the Ed Monk launch named... er... Amos!!! ;)

Amos designed by Ed Monk

What next? Oh, yeah, this aluminum number... seller claims it placed 10th in the 1978 Fastnet race, IF that's true it's a decent claim. Sure, aluminum has been used in many hulls before, I think some of the rather famous (or notorious) Pen Duick series of ocean racing yachts used aluminum in their hulls... the history of the Pen Duick boats is bizarre, with drunks falling overboard and new owners "going down with the ship" (in possible insurance swindles, lol). Some aluminum boats fare well, but aluminum is subject to "metal fatigue"---same way it is in aircraft. And now, for my next trick, a Laser hull built entirely from recycled beer cans!!! :eek:

Recycled Beer Can Hull

Meh, here's a funky power cat, makes me wonder where some of these 'naval architects' get their notions, but hey, the Cherry wood bar is pretty cool!!! And it'd be easy enough to steer this hulk with yer feet, like a nautical chimpanzee... that's always a plus. I like the 'vino & grapes' layout, the washer/dryer combo is also VERY romantic, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn. The main (or only) reason I included this ad is because it has some nice Channel Islands photos, the dolphin is cool but I really dig the sea bird ogling the camera in that shot looking down upon the boat, lol. Reminds me of Baja island voyages... WOOHOO!!! :rolleyes:

Cherry Wood Bar Cat!!!

ALRIGHT, YOUSE NAUTICAL HEE-ROES!!! TIME FOR THIS NAUTICAL CHIMP TO GRAB ANOTHER COLD BEER (SANS VINO & GRAPES), LOL... :cool:

Last edited:

Back