tricked out sort of laser

RJ Graef

a friend and i are having a comp to see who can take an old laser hull any make a fast boat without any rules (we can do glass work dif sails) does anyone have any ideas
:eek:

give it a huge masthead jib then stays then put wings on it with a trapize and a longer tiller extension. if you do that you should make a longer dagger board and bigger rudder

naw, keep the current blades, the more squirrelly the more fun

Get two Laser hulls and connect them side-by-side with crossmembers. Get a really large rig and put it in the middle of the front crossmember. I'd call it a Laseramaran. Flying a hull should be a hoot.

i was thinking of cutting out the back and glassing it and then find a big wind surfing carbon fiber mast to put in. I would put stays and a spreader so I could trap. I would probably make the boards bigger and make a bigger main sail and a self launching spinacker like the melges 17. Last i could put bars coming of each side so i could trap and keep it down in more breeze. Also i could make a bulb to add to the bottom of the center board so in light wind i could take it off and i can add more weight in more wind:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back