Transport Laser on Lexus RX300

Check the manufacturer's site for load bars to fit on the rack on the car. Thats what i used before i got hitch and trailer. The RX 300 is pretty tall is it not? Having a trailer is soooo much better. Not as cost effective, but the more you trael, the more worthwhile it gets

Thanks for the replies. I have a trailer and i was thinking of using my wife's Lexus. I sometimes feel that the boat on a trailer is subject to bumps, potholes, etc...and this must not be good for the structure of the boat. Am i crazy? thanks in advance

If you trailer a lot, you might want to rig something up on your trailer in terms of softer springs. I think I read a post by Al Russell about this. i believe his screenname is vtgent49. I don't trailer very much, just to and from the club once a year, so i try not to think about it.

You won't hurt the boat on the trailer as long as you crank the tie downs real tight especially on a gunwale-hung set up. Sailors new to trailing are reluctant to really crank the tie down system tight in the mistaken belief that they may damage the boat by overtightening - in fact damage whilst trailing is very rare but usually caused by the tie down working slack allowing the boat and trailer to bounce up and down separately causing impact damage between the two.

Secondly - go green trade the RX 300 for the RX 400H!

Hey, did you ever car top the laser on the Lexus? I have to go pick one up this afternoon... and the most suitable car I have available is the Lexus RX with the stock roof rack. I plan on buying some of the pool foam sticks to place underneath

Back