Toestrap adjustment

laser179104

Hi

Does anyone know the best way to rig an adjustable toestrap, i've tried the rooster one but it seems to slip

many thanks

I have never had a system work. The closest thing I have seen that works is using very thick bungees and an offwind hiking technique that allows you to hike farther aft in the cockpit without dragging your arse.

Personally, I don't really use either. I just try to adapt by angling my feet forward in the straps so that I am sitting diagonally in the boat. You may want to make sure that the overall setting isn't too loose to begin with.

Can't find the pictures but i'll keep looking, every system i've found seems to have way too much friction or not enough - i've tried a few different ropes

Will keep looking....

I want an oxygen system so I can actaully have enough available extra breeze in my lungs to lean in and adjust the system I have.

OK so maybe the big round belly could be reduced to make more spoace for my lungs... but there is this great new Mexican restaurant just 400 yards from my shop and I want to keep them in business..

In fact I plan to take the "Easter" fleet there for the saturday dinner.

back on the subject>>
The working ones I have seen seem to use 1/4 inch Marlow prestretch and the simplest possible crossing between the two eye straps.
I copied a few of the hotshots a few years ago but onlky had success with adjustment after fiddling with various lines whoe wear varied.

Translation:

if your system is too sticky, take the line off, find a rock or trailer and drag the line back and forth for a few minutes...wear it some...try again

it the system slips...get new line and start again.

Look at the system on the boat that wins the next regatta..

Either you will see a great system
or
you will bum yourself out when you see the guy wins with something you consider to be un-useable

Back