time to get back in the game

wellsman

Sitting here wishing I was at the Canadian Laser Masters in Port Credit. "Wags" has inspired me to jump back into the boat after a 20 year absence. This young mind, old body, I should say older body, is ready to give it a go. Want to buy a boat this fall, pretend to train all winter and sail a few regattas next year. Wags finished a respectable top third at Ottawa Laser masters last weekend, first regatta in 25 years. When asked what muscle group hurt the most he responded, "all of them". Training this winter will consist of maritime beer and nuts, and ice hockey 1-2 times a week. No bowflex (for queers only). Hope to be on the water soon.

Midlife sucks and it is time to get back in the game

Sometimes I'm gay........... Sometimes I'm sad. Either way I'm a Laser Sailor.

wellsman said:
No bowflex (for queers only).

Well, not entirely true. We let some straights buy them. Hopefully nobody thinks we all use Bowflexes.Some of us are just naturally buff. It must be that gay gene.

:p

odinsvitskjaldr said:
wellsman said:
No bowflex (for queers only).

Well, not entirely true. We let some straights buy them. Hopefully nobody thinks we all use Bowflexes.Some of us are just naturally buff. It must be that gay gene.

Wellsy,
You would have had a blast yesterday, 20 knots huge swells.
I agree let's get some training done, invest in Ibuprophen stocks and learn how to sail again!!!!!
P.S. I have always had a soft spot for Christie Brinkley, may I suggest the "Total Gym" instead! Chuck Norrris will thank you also!

Back