Tiller (what's inside?)

Alysum

When I move my tiller and and down I can hear some marbles or stones running inside, what are they and what are they for ? :)

Hopefully it's not a stranger that got in :D

Alysum said:
When I move my tiller and and down I can hear some marbles or stones running inside, what are they and what are they for ? :)

Hopefully it's not a stranger that got in :D

What kind and brand of tiller do you have? I've used aluminum, wood, and carbon fiber--no marbles. (No, I haven't lost my marbles.)

My only guess would be that you're using the circular aluminum tiller and something is riveted onto it. The rivet bits inside probably fell off.

computeroman2 said:
My only guess would be that you're using the circular aluminum tiller and something is riveted onto it. The rivet bits inside probably fell off.
correct ! :)

if it sounds like there are a LOT of 'things' in there, there is a chance that someone replaced the tiller universal at some point.

When they did that they wouldn't have drilled out the rivets. Sometimes those can fall into the shaft of the tiller also. Then you'll have that, plus any parts of the new rivets used to secure the new universal.

Annoying sound to be sure, but nothing is wrong with your tiller :)

Back