Till extension size?

shutterman0991

Hi! I'm about to order my ACME FATSO 54'' carbon tiller extension, but i wasnt sure if it would be too long? They have a 48'' also, which would be better for a full rigged laser?

I didn't know Acme made a 54" extension...wonder what boat it's meant for? sure it would work on anyboat...but 48" is usually as long as anyone wants, some customers cut off a few inches if they aren't super tall, but have long arms.

well on the link it says ***overlength***. they mite have made a mistake in the manurfacturing or somehting. if its cheaper go for it and saw off a few inches. i dont really kno tho

i have the 54 and 48, i got the 54 first, and i like it, when its nuking it nice to be able to hold your hands at your chest and get your weight out instead of in your lap, but hte downside is its hard to tack with, if you dont push your tiller over far enough its hard to clear the mainsheet. i'm glad i got the 48, easier to tack with, and long enough, cant go wrong with it

Re: Tiller extension size?

Ok, I can't pass up such a straight line any longer. . .

"It's not how long your tiller extension is, but how you hold it!"

or

"It's not the length of the extension, but how you use it!"

or

"Size really doesn't matter." (or so I've been told. . .)

or maybe this belongs in the "Laser Sailors do it ........ " thread. ;-) I feel better now that I have that out of my system.

Back