The new guy

fatstratblond

Hi all I am going to be new to sailing a laser as well as my twin 15yr olds I was just wondering if there is anyone around the Burlinton Ontario area I would like to come out and see how things work, better than reading a book I would think, Thanks, great site

My kids are going to learn to sail, what part of Ontario are you from , caus I have not seen any lasers sailing around me (Burlington)

You should check out any upcoming regattas in Southern Ontario. For example the Canadian Masters is being held at Port credit Yacht Club on Labour Day Weekend. Might be worhtwhile checking that out...LOTS of "experience"!

Thanks for the info Wags90503 , what part of district 3 are you from and are there lasers sailers near you, I am am close to Bulington harbour and the lake Qew-403 and I have not seem any laser near me I have been to Lassel park where the sailing school is many times no lasers , I was hoping to get ito the adult sailing program in Aug but I had my knee scoped for the 2nd time and and there was no way, i'll wait till next year

I am up in Barrie, But I cut my teeth as a young Laser sailor at Port Credit Yacht Club. They have a good Laser fleet there and Ditstrict three has a web site which posts regatta schedules. FYI there is a Laser Gold Cup regatta at Royal Hamilton YC on Sept 9-10 I believe, the Cornish Hen Regatta????? Go to the disrtict 3 link listed under disrticts and view the schedule.

Good Luck

I think you are Dis 6, 3 is Brantford area out towards lake erie, but don't quoat me on that , Maybe I will check out the port credit club it is not to far from me

All of Ontario is classified District 3, there actually is a District map on the ILCA website, just click on districts and fleets. There are lots of us around, you'll have lots of fun!

Back