the boat whisperer-worth it?

lasereng

Hi everyone,

has anyone seen the boat whisperer dvds and if so, are they worth buying? i do have issues with sailing in big waves but how far does these dvds go to helping?
ive seen the other threads but they go off the boil....

cheers

Definately, for me they really helped for the wave sailing, and trnasitions too, the only downside is it can get a little confusing when he's explaining something for a long time, but if you are a more experienced (intermediate lvl) they are definately worth it - good buy

I'm only a hack sailor but in one race last season I managed to use a tip from the Upwind DVD that had me sailing much higher than other sailors in light winds. I confused the younger sailors completely with it and almost beat a 55kg junior sailing full rig with my 97kg frame. The junior has since sailed in the Junior Worlds. So the satisfaction of that was certainly worth the money spent.

You need to watch them several times over a period of time and just try to pick up one or two things each time. Then give it a go on the water.

Read as many books as you can as well.

I was thinking of purchasing these also, what do they go for? Do they focus on all aspects of racing? They're listed, but not available on amazon, do most sail shops usually have them? I've been sailing my laser for almost 15 years now, but I just started racing this summer. You mentioned books above, will someone recommend some good reading please.

buy the dvd's and watch them over and over. It helps if you go by "chapter" in the menu selection. If you try to watch the whole cd in one sitting you won't retain it. It helps mostly for sailing in breeze and waves and concentrates on boat handling, hiking, upwind trim, and controlling downwind. He gets very detailed on WHY the boat moves through the water like it does and how it reacts to rudder movements and why.

thanks everyone, ive put the order in so will let you know my view and if i can convert his tips onto the water.

Back