Sunfish Worlds

sunfish07

Only a few days away! Exciting but somewhat nervousness. This is my first time attending the Worlds. Knowing Charletson Harbor very well, it's a tricky place. Any worlds atendees starting to get nervous?!!

I'm getting excited, but not looking forward to the 15 hour drive to get there. Care to share any local knowledge, anyone?

I grew up and learned to sail in the Charleston harbor. The main issue is the current. We have two large rivers which feed into the harbor which causes some very strong currents. Also, we will be launching from the Mt.Pleasant side of the harbor which means that we will have to cross the shipping channel in order to reach the lower harbor where the racing will take place. That could be very interesting on a busy shipping day. Anyway, can't wait it will be a fun week!

Ive heard a rumor that they are breaking up the fleet, and having some people launch from across the harbor at james island and the other over at mt. pleasant. I think this defeats the big event atmosphere. What does everyone think about this?

I also heard that they might try and launch some boats from James Island due to limited launch space at the resort. This was over a month ago but never heard anything else.

Back